Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. The big movies opening this weekend are “Transformers: The Last Knight,” rated PG-13 and the latest in director Michael Bay big action-adventure series; “The Big Sick,” an R-rated rom-com about the real-world health/relationship crisis of Pakistan-born comedian Kumail Nanjiani and Caucasian American writer Emily V. Gordon; and “The Beguiled,” rated R, a remake of the 1970s film this time directed by Sofia Coppola about a girls’ school in Virginia during the Civil War, where the young women, sheltered from the outside world, take in a wounded Union soldier.
2. On Friday, pack up your pooch and head into the office for Take Your Dog to Work Day. The event, created in 1999 by Pet Sitters International, encourages employers to experience the joys of pets in the workplace for one day to support their local pet community.
3. Remember “All You Need Is Love” to mark Global Beatles Day on Sunday. The song was first performed by The Beatles for the BBC first live global television link. Broadcast to 26 countries via satellite and watched by 400 million, the program was broadcast on June 25, 1967, The Summer of Love.
4. This Saturday is the Great American Backyard Campout, a day (and night) designed to get people camping, even if it is only in their backyards. Get the tent ready, get s’more ingredients, prepare your fire pit, look up some good campfire stories and enjoy camping out at home! Find out more at http://www.nwf.org/Great-American-Campout.aspx
5. June is almost over but you can end it on a sweet note by making or picking up some pralines for the dual celebration of National Pralines Day on Saturday and National Candy Month. Or get an early start on celebrating Chocolate Pudding Day (on Monday) by making your favorite or trying a new recipe over the weekend.
— More Content Now