Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. The big movie opening this weekend is “It” the latest R-rated adaptation of the infamous Stephen King novel about a group of bullied kids banding together to battle a monster who hunts children; if you’re looking for something sweet instead of scary, check out “Home Again” a comedic drama starring Reese Witherspoon as a single mother who returns to her hometown of Los Angeles and lets three young guys to move in with her and her family.
2. Sunday is Grandparents Day, a day to celebrate the grandparents in your life. If they live nearby, go for a visit and spend some quality time with them. If they’re far away, make a special card for them and plan a special Skype call on Sunday.
3. This weekend wraps up National Waffle Week. If you haven’t eaten any waffles this week, what are you waiting for? Make some at home and/or go out for some, just make sure to celebrate this wonderful food.
4. Trekkies rejoice! Friday is the birthday of “Star Trek.” The show debuted on NBC on Sept. 8, 1966. Check around to see if any comics stores or other places around town are doing anything special, or organize your own party.
5. There are a lot of good sports games this weekend, so get out those TV listings and start planning. There is college football, NFL, MLB, soccer, NASCAR and more.
— More Content Now