Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. The big movie opening in theaters this weekend is “Mother!” an R-rated film from acclaimed director Darren Aronofsky and starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem as a couple whose relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence. Also in theaters in the rated R action thriller “American Assassin” about a counterterrorism agent; and “Rebel in the Rye”, PG-13, a biopic about the life of celebrated but reclusive author, J.D. Salinger, who gained worldwide fame with the publication of his novel, “The Catcher in the Rye.”
2. The 69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards are Sunday, and this year Stephen Colbert is hosting. The fun starts at 8 p.m. EST on ABC. For a list of nominees, the latest news and more, go to the official site at emmys.com.
3. Celebrate National Play-Doh Day on Saturday by sculpting your favorite animal out of the popular modeling clay. Did you know that Play-Doh was first sold as a wallpaper cleaner in the 1930s? The original off-white colored formula — composed of flour, water, salt, boric acid and mineral oil— easily removed soot and dirt when rolled on walls.
4. Clean Up the World Weekend takes place from Friday to Sunday. This is an annual event designed to get people to clean up their towns and to help the environment. Check the official website cleanuptheworld.org/en/ to find a local litter pickup event or for tips on how to plan your own.
5. It’s another big sports weekend, so get out those TV listings and start planning your TV time. NASCAR’s championship playoffs begin at Chicagoland Speedway. Other sports on TV this weekend include college football, NFL, MLB, soccer and more.
— More Content Now