Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. Out in theaters this weekend is the much anticipated “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” which follows Rey as she joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn and Poe that unlocks mysteries of the Force and secrets of the past; for younger kids and animated film fans is “Ferdinand” the story of a young bull who escapes from a bullfighting training camp and is then adopted by a girl who lives on a farm, but his peaceful existence comes crashing down when the authorities return him to his former captors.
2. You can help take part in one of the longest-running citizen science projects and help provide valuable information about the health of bird populations in North America during the Audubon Society’s Christmas Bird Count, which is on now through Jan. 5, 2018. Sign up at audubon.org/join-christmas-bird-count and share your relevant photos and experiences on social media with the hashtag #ChristmasBirdCount.
3. Saturday is National Chocolate-Covered Anything Day, one of the best holidays of the year. Mmm, chocolate. … You can make hot chocolate or chocolate chip cookies, eat chocolate candy or ice cream, or celebrate any way you’d like.
4. Still don’t have all your holiday shopping done? You might want to hit the stores this weekend. Check the newspaper for sales and coupons.
5. If you’re looking for a cheap way to entertain your family, there’s nothing better than driving around to look at Christmas lights. Check the newspaper for a guide to lights, or just drive and enjoy!
— More Content Now