Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. There aren’t many new movie in theaters this weekend but if you’re into supernatural horror (loosely based on real events) check out “Winchester” rated PG-13 and starring Helen Mirren as a eccentric firearm heiress who believes she is haunted by the souls of people killed by the Winchester repeating rifle.
2. Calling all sports fans. Watch the Philadelphia Eagles take on the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl at 6:30 ET Sunday, Feb. 4 on NBC. The game marks the Patriots 10th appearance in the championship games — the most of any franchise. Or, you can load up on tailgate snacks and wait for the commercials to air or Justin Timberlake to headline what is sure to be a memorable halftime show.
3. If football and the Super Bowl aren’t your thing, then tune in instead to Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl XIV, which starts at 3 ET Sunday. Arguably the world’s cutest sporting event, watch Team Ruff take on Team Fluff inside a miniature stadium as well as a bunch of kittens playing during the Kitty Half-Time Show. See the adorable and adoptable starting lineup, behind-the-scenes and more at https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/puppy-bowl/.
4. This Saturday is Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. The holiday, created in 1966 by a mother in Rochester, New York, to distract her kids from the February ice and snow. According to icecreamforbreakfastday.org, there are three rules for the day: 1. Eat Ice Cream. 2. On the first Saturday of February. 3. For Breakfast.
5. Also on Saturday, after having that delicious ice cream for breakfast, head out on to your local library to celebrate Take Your Child to the Library Day. This international initiative encourages families everywhere to take their children to their local library on the first Saturday of February. Many libraries are having special storytimes, contests and more. Call your local library to see what they have planned.
— More Content Now