Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. In theaters this weekend is “The Darkest Minds,” rated PG-13, based on a popular YA series about teens who mysteriously develop powerful new abilities and are seen as a threat by the government and sent to detainment camps; “Christopher Robin,” rated PG, about a working-class family man (Ewan McGregor) whose childhood friend Winnie-the-Pooh helps him to rediscover the joys of life; “The Spy Who Dumped Me,” rated R and starring Kate McKinnon and Mila Kunis as best friends who unwittingly become entangled in an international conspiracy when one of the women discovers the boyfriend who dumped her was actually a spy.
2. Cheers! Friday is International Beer Day, and you can celebrate the day by heading to your favorite pub or by buying your favorite brew. You also could have a beer tasting party and use shot glasses to let guests sample a wide variety of beers.
3. The first week of August is Simplify Your Life Week and as it comes to a close try clearing the clutter from your mind and home. First download a meditation or mindfulness app to get you in the right mindset. Then go room-by-room with your favorite decluttering style whether it be much lauded KonMari Method or just simply sorting items into three big boxes — keep, throw away and donate.
4. In sports, this weekend we again have Major League Baseball, NASCAR and Major League Soccer, so you’ll have plenty to watch on TV. Check the newspaper or online for schedules.
5. On Sunday tell your sister how much she means to you for Sisters Day. If you don’t have any female siblings, instead celebrate Friendship Day by spending time with the very special people who form your support network. Go shopping, to brunch or even to the movies in celebration of these bonds.
— More Content Now